Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Interracial Relationships.

I was asked a while ago by someone who visited my blog to do a post on my relationship because I am in a interracial relationship.
I waited so long to do this post because when I wrote this post I wanted to make sure I had the proper time to sit down to say the right things as well as the fact that my babe is not a picture person so I really wouldn't have a picture to show you guys.
(The one I did have on here was the back of his head Lol)


I think it is important for me to point out that I have only been in 2 relationships my entire life and both were with white boys. The first one was 5yrs and this one has been 2yrs this month!
With that said, I cant really compare an interracial relationship to a "regular' same race relationship. 
I honestly wish I knew what questions specifically the reader wanted to know so I could answer them.

What can I say about being in a interracial relationship? Well, It's fun! I find it very interesting being with someone who is not like me yet loves me because I am so different than him. 
We have fun. I make white jokes, he makes black jokes and it's cool knowing it's not coming from a mean place but a fun, cool place because he is my best friend and we just get each other. 
I feel like the relationship is deeper and more intense because when someone is not like you, it makes you want to know so much more about them and be that much more close to them. 

I will admit the first time I was in a interracial relationship, I did not want him to know that I had weave but this time around, please, he knows! 
Yep, don't pull my hair because this is not all real. Lol 

On the flip side, being in a interracial relationship in Canada is so much different than being in one in America. In America black girls like it and will smile at you but black guys hate it and say little things here and there. The white people are 50/50. The ones that are ok with it just smile and the ones who don't like it will never say anything, they will just look.

In Canada, No one says anything. No one even looks like it is out of the norm which is really cool. 

Overall, I love my baby and I honestly don't even see the color of his skin. He is just a person. There is so many things I could say but this post would never end. If I had more direct specific questions I could have done a better job at writing this. 
 If there are any more questions please email @ girlsaredolls@yahoo.com or just comment below :)

1 comment:

  1. interracial dating is a good thing for people. Because there shouldn't be borders for love!

    ReplyDelete