Friday, October 7, 2011

Real Hair, Dont Care

I wear weave all.the.time.
No like, All.The.Time. Lol.
And although i'm not giving up my weave
 I wanted to share my natural hair.

Non the less, I do have a head full of natural hair. People seem to think that if you wear fake hair, you don't have your own hair to rock with. SO NOT TRUE. What inspired this post is a good friend of mine who recently went natural. For those of you who don't know, when a black girl goes natural, it's a very big step. Society has not caught up with the natural movement and natural beauty. I'm going to share some of the products that I use and when I get pictures.

This is a picture of me & my natural hair. I havent had a relaxer (perm) in FOREVER.


My products. Cantu Shea Butter, Mega Care Raw Shea Butter, Twisted Sista 30sec Curl Spray.


Cantu Shea Butter. 
Price- $3.99 Walgreens

My review- I would give this product a 5/10. Because of that, I am currently looking for another leave in conditioner. I need anything that makes it easier to comb my hair and this product does an ok job. I know there is a better product out there.

                                                    Mega Care 100% Raw Shea Butter Oil
                                                    Price- 99cent. Beauty Supply Store
  • Excellent for all types of hair including natural styles, braids, extensions and chemically treated or colored hair.
  • Moisturizes dry or damaged hair.
  • Repairs and protects against weather damage, dryness and brittleness.
My Review- I like it. Especially because it is less than a buck. It's great for the hair and skin. The only down side is that it is not 100% Shea butter as advertised
INGREDIENTS: RAW SHEA BUTTER, CANOLA OIL, SAFFLOWER OIL, COTTON SEED OIL, WHEAT GERM OIL, JOJOBA OIL, MACADAMIA NUT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE




                                                     Urban Therapy: Twisted Sista 30 Sec Curl Spray
                                                                Price- $4.49 Walgreens

My review-  First off, this spray smells so nice. Very sweet and fruity. I adore it. I havent noticed my curls being more defined or better ringlets. I simply like it because it makes my hair smell really nice and it does soften it but on the downside, it leaves an ashy looking tint to my hair. I am overall looking for better hair products. 


The pic below is a pic of my good friend Terri and her current Big Chop and new journey with natural hair. I am so very proud of her. She has the face and confidence to rock this and it looks beautiful on her. I am thrilled to follow her journey and share her pictures and products along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment